Sunday, June 6, 2010

DIY:Minced pork with mushroom dumpling

Once in a while, I would get some minced pork and add on peppers (white&black, course and fine), siu heng rice wine (a chinese rice wine), oyster sauce (mushroom/scallops oysters sauce is good as well), soy sauce, parsley (dried/fresh is fine), chopped mushroom, any whatever extra items tickle your fancy. I bought the pastry from Tesco, the sui kow version, as wantan is too small so could not fit in as much filling (greedy me)! One 300grams minced meta could produce mor than 15units super large and plump sui kow. If prefer to fried, then use the wanton version, and add on chopped vegetable as I think this will attract children to munch on it (and also tricked them to have more vege..lol).



The leftover, as my pot already full with like 12dumplings. So, this should goes into storage (maybe to add into noodle for next day meal)!



I added on lotsa green vege, so my meal is super balanced and delicious. The soup based used here is Knors (pork flavour, which I bought from Philipines end of last year). Normally i would use tomyam paste, but really have to start using this pork pellet, been sitting too long on my shelf. Truth is, everything is enjoyable up until the 8th piece, thereafter, I am just forcing my stomach to take in the rest, as this is really large pieces (as I m not doin business here, so 100% meat and mushroom filling). Wished I could have bigger stomach or someone to shared with, as I dislike storing unfinished food...so my stomach get tortured all the time when I over-cooked.
Its weird that staying with my family back then, there are no such problems, cuz everyone always hungry for food and not everyone enjoy cooking/can cook. Thus supply is always less than demand, so leftover problems is almost non-existence. Sometimes its truly hard to cook big dishes but only for 1 pax. The other day, while waiting in-line to weight the veggies items, this malay woman is planning to buy a small ginger bit. In fact, this bit is like the size of 2 fingers, and the weighter could not get any value from the machine. So, this woman have to get a bigger piece, which weight could matter enough to produce a reading on the machine. That keep me thinking, does 1 person really does not matter in this world, when the standard is for 2 person then only it's acknowledged as a life..as you are having a life worth living? If you don't get what I means here, the weight machine is like a set of norm society set upon, the small ginger is as single individual, while the larger piece a couple of wife-husband or lovers. So, up until you found the other half to be a new unit, you as the original one-self does not get approved well/ or seen as failure/outcast. ok..me babbling again!

No comments: